How to send Google sheet in Whatsapp
Google Sheets, the spreadsheet application that you can find on Google Drive has become an increasingly powerful tool thanks in part to the add-ons that developers make available to us. But if I tell you that you can send WhatsApp messages to a phone list, what do you think? 😳
Although it seems impossible, you can now make it possible using the official WhatsApp API and the WATI Add-on for Google Sheets.
WhatsApp Google Sheet automation
As you will see in the video it is very simple:
- Start a blank page and create two columns, one with names and one with phones, remember to include the country code without zeros or spaces.
- Go to the menu above the section Add-ons> Download Add-ons and search for “WATI” and follow the installation process until it is finished.
- Back to Add-ons> Message Sender for WhatsApp> WhatsApp Schedule.
- Select the WhatsApp numbers on the “Google” sheet.
- Introduce the “endPoint” and “apiKey” of WATI, you can create an account from here.
- Select a message from the list of templates, you can create them to your liking and they must be approved by WhatsApp.
- To send the message now, click “Send Now” or click “Schedule…” to send it later.
Google sheets send WhatsApp
This is a very interesting solution if you regularly use Google Drive and are going to send your customers notifications, alerts, updates and transactional messages, although if you were thinking of spamming the entire list of phones you have, you should already know that WhatsApp strictly prohibits it, you can use their API for many things, but Marketing is not one of them.
What is WhatsApp Business?
This is the professional version of WhatsApp. It allows customers to contact your company the same way they contact their friends and family. You can alert and notify your customers using one of the most widely used communication tools in the world. Some of the most common use cases are:
- Alerts for travel itinerary changes, system outages, location alerts…
- Order or delivery notifications, appointment reminders, payment processing
- Customer support for initiating extensive conversations
In which countries is WhatsApp present?
WhatsApp offers service worldwide, except in the following countries:
- North Korea
What are the use cases for WhatsApp Business?
You can use WhatsApp Business to support, notify, or alert your customers. Some of the most common use cases are:
- Alerts on changes in travel itinerary, system interruptions, location alerts.
- Order or delivery notifications, appointment reminders, payment processing and more.
- Customer support to initiate in-depth conversations; your support agents can improve problem solving and enhance customer satisfaction
⚠️ Please note that WhatsApp does not allow any marketing.
What features are supported by WhatsApp Business?
Below is a list of the features currently supported by the WhatsApp for Business solution:
- Sending and receiving audio messages
- Send and receive images
- Send and receive locations
- Send and receive files
- Receive video
- Automated conversation flows
- Scalable infrastructure
- Easy message template management
- Real-time status updates
- View of the conversation
What are WhatsApp Business message templates?
WhatsApp Business message templates, also known as HSM (Highly Structured Message) are predefined messages and require approval by WhatsApp. Each time a message template is sent WhatsApp will charge for it. No advertising, marketing or promotional messages are allowed.
What are WhatsApp Business Session Messages?
These are the messages written in response to a customer inquiry. Unlike template messages, session messages are free. This type of message is not subject to the rules of template messages, you can send text messages, gifs, pictures, videos and even marketing messages.
After 24 hours since the user’s last message, the session is closed. If you want to restart a conversation after that period of time, you’ll need to send a paid message template.
Why is it so important to use a WhatsApp button on my website?
When we implement a WhatsApp lead capture system like Joinchat, we get the user to start the conversation on WhatsApp, so for the next 24 hours you can send them free and less restrictive session messages.